Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Outta Here

I got the new cell phone, just like my old Motorola model, except less expensive and with the ability to write in cyrillic. Of course that helps me zero with my American friends and family, but what the hell, it's cool. Getting an account with MegaFon.ru is like filling out life insurance with the number of vapid questions that I don't understand.

Tell me how cool this is, especially for you city dwellers. I just checked in my luggage at the metro station and it is being whisked away to Domodedovo Airport as we speak, right onto the airplane. The metro line goes right to the terminal, so no dealing with sharky cab drivers or minibuses that rip you off. Costs about $2 to get to the airport, supposedly the best in all of Europe (as opposed to Shermetevo II, Moscow's other hellish aeroport).

Dasveedanya!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

Sounds pretty cool. Especially compared to dealing with the tube: being charged $8 to drag tons of heavy luggage up and down stairs to change lines because most stations don't have elevators. Plus the trains stink like major BO and, in some lines, I would never sit down on the seats: blech. They also have been having a recent propensity to get bombed so that's definitely a negative.

4:21 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home