Friday, September 15, 2006

Tired of Russians

I am tired of ...

Their inability to smile in public.
Their knockoff D&G sunglasses and Gucci bags.
The odors of the men and the pools of parfumia on the women.
The ugly pointy shoes that all men proudly wear.
Food tasting only approximately of what it ought.
Their constant smoking, even while eating.
No Mexican food anywhere.
Xenophobia.
Living out of a suitcase and brushing my teeth with "water with gas."

Counting down the days until I can get back to the USSA.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jess said...

I'm sure you could make the same kind of list about Americans whenever you really want to go back to Eastern Europe. I bet it would be even funnier too.

6:11 AM GMT  
Blogger Big Dave said...

Yes Jess. I would like to see that also. Sounds like a great way to kick off next year's blog. See you next week Rod - call me when you can out.

6:22 PM GMT  
Blogger rod said...

Okay, snailing back to the States in just about eight hours. First Kiev, then Frankfurt, then San Francisco, then San Luis Obispo and into the arms of Kathryn. Maybe I'll have enough in me to do an epilog when I'm in Frankfurt. Going out to the Irish Pub for one last Ukrainian beer for the year.

6:38 PM GMT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Click your heels and head on back. Aim a little west of Kansas.

But remember W and Rummy, hip hop and country await. :)

Your're definitely a stronger person than I am... it took 2 weeks abroad to get me where you are now.

See you back on FOE floor 2.

--L

6:39 AM GMT  
Blogger Jon said...

I hope you were able to put money down on the Michigan vs. Notre Dame game this year...

12:22 PM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home