Friday, August 05, 2005

Headed towards the Urals

I bought my ticket today for Ekaterinburg, a full day journey by train, to the birthplace of the Boris Yeltsin. Nothing spectacular to report today, save for the fact that my veganism has yielded to plain old vanilla vegetarianism as I caved in and ate a cheese pizza. There was a time in my life that I could not imagine giving up dairy products but, truthfully, it did not taste good at all. For some reason, probably unknown to scientists everywhere, it tastes like mold. I'm sure the intake of protein will help fuel the gastrointestinal explosion that will occur, oh, about five hours from now.

I'm off to have a drink with my friend Gary, the white Zimbabwean. More on him later.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

Towards the Urals? Isn't that leaving Siberia?

12:39 AM GMT  
Blogger Big Dave said...

Well I for one am happy to hear that your obvious need for protein has superseded the "rules" of your chosen lifestyle. Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do to survive. Hell, I'm in favor of occasional petty theft for the purposes of survival as long as that does not become ones new lifestyle. Anyway I hope your body did not "reject" the form of protein but rather "welcomed" the nutrition. Stay healthy. D

3:36 AM GMT  
Blogger rod said...

Another gold star for Jon. I am slowly winding my way back to Moscow where I will depart Russia for Turkey. That's the plan at least.

3:50 AM GMT  

Post a Comment

<< Home